Thursday, December 30, 2010

Atlanta Traffic

If you've never driven through downtown Atlanta its quite an experience. 85, 75, 285, 675 all meet within a few miles of each other. There are so many lanes you really lose track after 5 or 6. There are so many bridges and interchanges on top of one another it looks like spaghetti. The speed limit is 65 but if you're not doing 80 you are in danger of being run over by school buses, garbage trucks, and little old ladies. All of these have actually passed me doing 85+ ...I'm not kidding. After that you slam on breaks to sit in an hour of stop and go rush hour traffic to go just 7 miles. And this is at 3pm. No wrecks or construction, this is normal. Its truly nerve wracking in a car, and when we go to Destin, FL I haul an RV through this craziness. I couldn't imagine dealing with this on a day to day basis. Commuters of Atlanta, I salute you. You are a brave and determined lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment